WordPress is soon releasing the WordPress 3.4. This comes a few months after WordPress 3.3 was released at the beginning of this year. The much awaited for WordPress 3.4 is expected to be out in May this year (2012). and it is currently in its beta. Anyone can test the WordPress 3.4 beta but it is strongly advised that you do not test it on a live or production site. You will need to set up a test site just to play with the new version.
Currently the team at WordPress is working on the testing and fixing bugs and if everything goes well, Worpress 3.4 will be out by May.
Features of WordPress 3.4
Of course, everyone is eager to find out the new additions to the current version of WordPress, The fact is, there are some awesome features in WordPress 3.4 version. Some of these features include
- The new version of wordpress will includes a new Theme Customizer with Previewer
- It will also be possible to customise header sizes with the new version. In the current version, you need to be a good coder to do the task
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
WordPress 3.4 will also include these changes
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query
- Internationalization improvements
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
WordPress 3.4 will be a great and welcome version and many bloggers simply cant wait any longer